Tuesday 29 January 2008

Daily Photo #52

Different vibe from statues this time. I took this on our second visit to NYC. This image was shot at the site of where the WTC once stood. Our first trip to NYC took place in March 2001 andwe had the good fortune to see the towers in their glory but the second visit was a different story.

We've been back to Manhattan four times since and the financial district seems different every visit. I'm unsure why I'm posting this today but I'm a creature of nostalgia and memory. Maybe it's because 7 years ago we were planning and prepping for Linda's first visit to the US.

Ground Zero 2002

I think the sepia cast on this image really fits the subject matter, the sense of melancholy and loss for me is overpowering with the single flower as tribute being the focus of the shot. The image only has power when you know the location where this image was taken.

No comments: