Tuesday 30 December 2008

Daily Photo #388

I didn't make it to the doctor's today. The meds I am taking make me so drowsy so will book an appointment tomorrow. I'm feeling conflicted about this as I should have dragged my comatose ass out of bed and sorted this. Grrr.

_MG_7298

Today's photo was taken last year in the Hockley area of B'ham. Primarily, the area is a haven for jewellery production (it used to be firearms but we English never really went for that "right to bear arms" thing). This could have been quite a dark shot but I processed the colours to be bright and vibrant as this location is a cemetery. It's quite unusual to have a graveyard located in what is primarily an industrial landscape and walking through the area can lend an air of dislocation to its surroundings.

I want to return there again, possibly on an overcast day to see if the area feels different. It is the least sinister graveyard I have ever walked through being quite open and landscaped. It seems to lack the dark nooks and corners of many suburban cemeteries.

No comments: