Sunday 20 January 2008

Changes in my blogging habits

I find I'm tending to post more here than in my live journal now as I'm slowly cutting down on the use of that aspect of my blogging life. Sometimes, I just don't feel like engaging with that aspect of online publishing as the temptation to post personal friend's only stuff is too easy sometimes.

Also, in the past I have felt that not everyone respects the details/personal information that is posted in there so the discipline of blogging here is quite a challenge.

I feel a lot more at ease here, not blogging to an "audience" and the need to be more discrete and moderate in my words/attitude I think is a good thing. The temptation to "clash" with people in the "sandbox" environment of Live Journal is much too easy to succumb to. Also, I feel that maintaining a blog such as this is less a projection of one's lifestyle but more a diary or record of memories that I can recall or want to hold onto.

The "Daily Photo" aspect of this journal is the main thrust but I do find that the nature of choosing a photo and publishing it to be quite satisfying in itself whereas the meanderings of Live Journal could often leave me feeling empty or often vulnerable.

This is a much more positive experience, methinks.

4 comments:

kebabselector said...

Echo your last comments. I've not really got on with social networking site. I do find them a bind, my blog however is much more controllable. That said too much moderation can be a bad thing. Though, my spam filter seems to cut out most of the crap links that spambots seem to post.

Traveller28 said...

Social networkings can be funny creatures although I do value all the friends I have made on LJ. Sometimes it can all get a bit too serious or material that is said in confidence (and you state that in your entry) can be blabbed across the net. It just gets most annoying and has certainly made me look at the relationships I have had with some people.

Jessika said...

Many of the things you listed are why I don't blog on LJ. I've found just updating my main blog for stuff I want to share, while keeping general updates to Twitter, is working well for me.

I'm loving your daily pictures, by the way!

Traveller28 said...

Hey Jess, glad you like the pics!

I don't think I'll be doing twitter anytime soon as it doesn't fit my meandering scribblings ;)