Tuesday 1 January 2008

Daily Photo #24

Keeping in with yesterday's theme of cities, I shot this quite a while ago in Digbeth Birmingham. Historically speaking, Digbeth was a massive industrial centre of Birmingham boasting many factories and plating/production businesses. Now, it is mainly smaller production firms and the like with a high number of apartments and flats.

The Shrine to the God of Garbage

I spotted this little shrine under one of the bridges. I didn't manipulate or move an object in the shot. The colours have been amped up to give it a hyper real feel, almost lit by neon. I like the idea of a place where old technology and junk is offered to the gods, if your tyre, monitor or PC dies you make a sacrificial offering and the gods will smile upon you. Kind of like a techy tooth fairy, I guess.

No comments: