Sunday 10 February 2008

Daily Photo #64

I cannot believe started this 64 days ago as it seems such a long time ago! Today has been spent spodding around the house with Xbox and consuming bacon sandwiches, oh so decadent. Didn't feel like leaving the house today and I have 3 days of leave coming up later this week to go shoot stuff so laziness is good.

Spent last night with the wonderfully good Steve and Lou. Good times with gin and conversation were had by all and felt wonderfully relaxed today. Although, Solihull afterdark on a Saturday night is a most unsettling place. I was shocked to see McDonalds had security/bouncers on the door and pale, vampire like chavs and emos, their faces tinted by the garish lights making them seem even more animalistic, walking the streets like they owned the place. Scantily clad 15 year olds swore at each other and there was an undercurrent of impending violence that I couldn't quite put my finger upon. Still, it was a great night and all the chavviness in the world could not detract from that.

So, anyway - the photo of the day was again shot yesterday on the canal basin. Fitting in with my mood and the riff on suburban (and urban) decay, we stumbled across an old pub Linda and I both loved. Sadly, it is no more having shuffled off its mortal coil.

_MG_7816

In the light of day it looked sad and neglected but at night I bet it looks downright scary.

No comments: