Saturday 21 June 2008

The Darjeeling Limited

Is it possible to fall in love with a movie?

Words cannot describe how much I *loved* The Darjeeling Limited. Everything about this movie was perfect. Watching it was akin to something like a catharsis.

I'm not sure why but Wes Anderson is just the most amazing living auteur; his movies are the most evocative creations known to man. I just cannot understand how he taps into such a pure vein of feeling and rhetoric that many films do not begin to approach.

The discourse of brotherhood/family and parental responsibility just tap into something inside of me. It's like the movies touch upon my own familial history and weave this amazing pallet of emotion I cannot begin to approach.

If you haven't seen Darjeeling, Rushmore, Royal Tenanbaums, Life Aquatic or Bottle Rocket; you haven't lived.

His use of music is evocative of Scorcese and Tarantino but don't let that put you off.

No comments: