Thursday 27 November 2008

Daily Photo #355

Today has been spent mostly in bed reading. This picture is more about my "library"of stuff. One of the side effects of late has been the lack of ability to sit still and do something that doesn't require gazing at a screen, reading supporting materials for applications or writing very dry factual reports and recommendations.

_MG_1102

Today I read over 200 pages of the new Jonathan Carroll book, The Ghost in Love which is utterly beautiful and compelling. Just thinking of some of the passages alone bring a lump to my throat. So, on the long road to getting better something positive came out of today. It also made me realise why I keep things or place them on shelves or save things for later. It's for days like this.

In an unconnected event I managed a quick stroll outdoors for a little fresh air, down to the village where I grew up and still live in. It was good just to watch people go about their business, sit on a bench and watch the world go by instead of thinking "I must go there, must do that" and continuously making mental notes to myself to catch up on things or deal with work.

This whole stress related illness is proving to be liberating but like Clacton, it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

No comments: