Tuesday 16 December 2008

Daily Photo #374

A Doctor Who theme for today's image....

Linda and Dalek

There is a reason for this. In memory of writer Craig Hinton, some really talented people have gotten together and published this fitting tribute to him. I only met Craig half a dozen times as he frequented the book store I once worked but those times were most memorable. Craig was always warm, friendly and generous. He'll be missed by many people. Afterall, this was the man who invented the term "fanwank".

The publication can be purchased here.

Proceeds will be going to the British Heart Foundation which is a charity I myself support as my father was taken suddenly in 2005 due to heart failure.

This is the perfect Xmas gift for any Whovian in your life/family.

1 comment:

kebabselector said...

Apologies for not knowing who he was. However I do recommend the BHF, they have a great place the sells furniture and big electrical goods in Erdington.

I was looking to offload a decent CRT TV and found they wanted it. Hopefully it sold for the same price as lesser TVs in shop (£60-70).

Not come across the term 'Fanwank' before, happy to have discovered it!