Saturday 17 January 2009

Daily Photo #406

Yep, Linda dragged me into the city today for lunch and collection of comic standing orders. I haven't shot any new photos for a few weeks but feel Birmingham is lacking something right now. The sky would have been perfect for skyline shots but I jsut feel something about the city is bland and uninviting right now. I'm not sure what it is as I need to get back out there and do something vaguely urban.

We passed the Selfridges building which is still a stunning piece of architecture and I think it inspired today's choice of shot due to its iconic nature although some people think it has been done to death, I still like it. So there!

_MG_3954

The shape still intrigues me and there is no "one way" of shooting it which always excites me no end. If the weather holds up this weekend I may actually get around to shooting something. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Simon Avery said...

We've gotta get out and do some pics soon, mate. I know we keep saying it, but when you're up for it, give me a call. A day's notice is all I need.

Traveller28 said...

Cheers Si, I will certainly take you up on this kind offer soon :)