Sunday 13 September 2009

Daily Photo #629

I gave the Twilight homage shot a second pass.

_MG_0880

I wanted the emphasis more on the apple. The connotations of this piece are almost eden-like. The concept is the offer is often tainted with some kind of hidden price or cost - if the person receiving the apple concentrates more on the gift than the giver, there is a price to be paid. Hence the hands coming out from the shadows and the darkness that envelopes the person offering the gift.

I didn't even realise the closeness of my image to the original book cover. I've had this image in my head for quite a while, a couple of years maybe. Anyway, on a different tangent we're off to IKEA to look at shelf type things. Will be good to get out of B'ham after the disappointment of yesterday's SnoozeFest.

No comments: