Sunday 9 September 2018

Random thoughts...

The last few years have been a challenge.  I'm trying to use this blog to record not only photography but...my thoughts and experiences.

Of late, I've found it difficult to engage with the outside world.  I can work from home when needed (remotely) has this has been such positive thing. My type of work (case worker) means that I can work away from the office when I need to.

I stay in most weekends and have not ventured into the (Birmingham) city centre for about 18 months.

My to read list of comics is now about 2 long boxes worth of issues and the books....well, about 5 feet in height.


I do not think I have become agoraphobic but I do not like leaving the house unless it is necessary.

I sleep way too much to avoid thinking about what bothers me.  I avoid social situations when I can (as my trust in people from the past has been eroded due to them, well, being quite horrid).

My collecting habit (figures/movies) is more of a burden than a pleasure right now - Linda and I are trying to catalogue things ready to sell up (collection/house and get out of Birmingham in about 10 years to somewhere in the country or near to the sea)

We (Linda and I) have a healthy set of savings and investments yet I find if difficult to plan holidays due to me #catastrophising potential situations.  My depression, although now under control is still a massive issue.


However, we have planned a number of breaks/holidays, carried out house improvements and seen our kittens (River...Romana and now little Lucy grow older so they are ready for a cattery when we go on vacation).


I can see one day that I will be depression free but this will take time.

We have cut much of the #deadwood out of our lives with false friends and fake people sent on their way.

I've stopped putting the needs of others (especially the fake people) ahead of my own wellbeing.

I am my own person and I do not judge my own experiences or successes by measuring them with others.

Coming up to 40 million hits on my page!

Now, here is a picture of Romana.  Gaze in her glory ;)

IMG_8256



No comments: