Monday 10 December 2007

Daily Photo #2

This is my choice for the second photo. Purely random to be honest (feeling less than great still on the cough side of things). The image was taken in a field in Stratford during Summer of 2007. The flower was left abandoned in the rubble and the image has been tweaked to play down all colours apart from the vivid red of the petals. I keep a printed copy on my desk at work.

What I was trying to portray was that there can still be life in decay and rubble, albeit it a limited one. The viewer is meant to decode that the flower is perhaps stunted/dying or even synthetic with the vivid almost "man made" hues and the uniform nature of the flower petals. It's an image of mixed messages with the viewer left to decide how they perceive the image and its meaning.

IMG_2145replacedi

I'm off to bed again. *atchoo*

2 comments:

Lori said...

You have the best couple of eyes for photography ever, sir.

Traveller28 said...

Cheers Lori! That always means a hell of a lot when people say it. And I never think I will get used to it :)