Sunday 16 December 2007

Daily Photo #8

Blah. The spirit of Xmas has broken me somewhat. I didn't want to go out today and it was a struggle to go visit mum and do some odds and ends of food shopping. I cannot find it in me to be festive and/or nice to people right now. Case in point, idiot with mutton chop sideburns shaking a bucket in front of my face while I was trying to talk to Linda does not make me instantly want to hand over money. I'd already given some cash to the kid's hospital to a group earlier but mutton chops wasn't having any of it and tutted at me as I shook my head. Usually, I am much more receptive but this week, I just want the hell out of Winter and Brum.

I don't think it's a seasonal depression thing, although this time of year does make one think of friends and family who cannot be here for various reasons but in contrast to my post a few days ago, I just can't raise the excitement and would sooner have the whole run up to Xmas over with but in the true nature of the hypocrite that I am, it could be that I am lusting for time away from work and some nice rest away from the grind and routine of the season. For the first time ever I contemplated booking a holiday away from the UK somewhere warm. The cold snap this week has been quite extreme and there is a discernible winter feel to the air which is most unlike the weather we've experienced over the last 2 or 3 years.

So, my pic for today is to celebrate sunnier times.

IMG_8796

Even though I am not wishing my life away, I am so looking forward to the Xmas time off and some new Doctor Who on the telly. Lofty ideals be damned, I like the finer things in life.

No comments: