Monday 7 January 2008

Daily Photo #30

There ain't any new Doctor Who for almost three months now. Bah. I've been a lifelong fan and love both the old and new versions of the show but one thing I didn't get my head around was the new cybermen. Brains in suits of armour are not scary but from an art deco perspective, they're a lovely piece of design.

For this shot Linda and I thought it would be fun to pay homage to the creaky sci-fi trappings of the old show but add in something of the new so this one was really inspired by the sleek silver lines of the original monsters but giving them a modern feminine twist with a touch of sci-fi styling with the layers added in using Photoshop.

cyberwomanquadtoned

This cyberlady is powered by red wine and chocolate though, not batteries or radiation I might add.

No comments: