Monday 14 January 2008

Daily Photo #37

Yep, I know I'm sad and pitiful. Spent most of the day in bed due to fever/flu/cough/throat and loss of hearing along my right side. Fitful sleep and dreams have been the order of the day and the National Health Service must hate me as I could not get a booking for a doctor for love 'nor money. Funnily, the dreams took me back across many memories and dreamscapes. Can't remember many of them today but the heat from my fever and the dryness in my throat made me dream of Morocco.

Not making much sense probably but the photo below was from a trip to the Anti Atlas Mountains. We stayed in a village, mostly deserted apart from some traders and Berbers. I was taken back here during part of the dream, I could smell the dust from the streets and see the haze from the heat. Anyway, dreams aside, this was an amazing place to visit and see if you can spot the face of the lion in the mountains.

IMG_2215

Morocco is greener than one thinks, the air is so clean that you can breathe deeply without fear of fumes or crap entering your lungs. I really want to go back as it's such a spiritual and amazing place to visit. These remote places in the area are so quiet you can finally hear your thoughts to the point where it's almost dreamlike.

No comments: