Tuesday 15 January 2008

Daily Photo #38

So, feeling better today physically after a visit to the doc's. After a health scare last year I was pushed through a shed load of medical tests due to family history stuff (I won't go into detail on that as I don't want to bore you all) but liver, kidneys, thyroid and cholesterol are all fine. BMI could do with improvement but come the warmer weather I can start my walking regime again which is good.

So, off work until Thursday due to a viral infection of ears/throat/upper chest which is far from fun as all I can do is sleep or lie down due to not being able to hear or stay awake for more than one hour at a time.

So, at times like this my thoughts turn to good things like holidays! Now, US trip to Las Vegas is not too far away but I feel a bit of a sell out not going back to Manhattan so to cheer myself I went through some of my old pics and found something that makes me smile/brings back good memories. We've been to NYC six times now and it gets better and better on each visit. The place is like an onion, everytime you pull back a skin something new is revealed. We spent a lot of time on locations below 25th this time and the outer boroughs. Coney Island was an utter blast and this one sums it up for me.

IMG_2992

Coney Island, even out of season just exudes this atmosphere that cannot be put into words. It's just wonderful, think Brighton multiplied by a bit of David Lynch via a 70's Grindhouse movie and you're there.

No comments: