Saturday 2 February 2008

Daily Photo #56

I took this one yesterday, tried to capture a more moody Selfridges Building and succeeded I think. Today was Cloverfield and I wonder what the giant monster in that movie would have made of B'ham? To be honest, Cloverfield reminded me of those old stop motion animated adverts from the 1980's of "Chewits", except they didn't have flesh rupturing parasites in those adverts. Just chewy fruit goodness.

Selfridges

Anyway, here's Selfridges. Try not to picture a 200ft monster smashing it up or rampaging brummies running around like headless chickens. I'd keep an eye on Edgbaston reservoir if I were you. I don't know what lurks underneath it...

4 comments:

Spoony Quine said...

` How ominous!!! o_O

` The comment you made about parasites reminds me of a comic strip I did making fun of these really cheesy commercials for a check cashing loan company called the Money Tree.
` Featuring people dressed in really cutesie caterpillar costumes, it really made lots of people retch. So, in my comic, Bob the caterpillar finds that he is filled with parasitic wasp eggs - the hard way.
` Mua ha ha ha ha haaaa! Haven't uploaded it ever, though.

Traveller28 said...

LOL!

Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I try for different moods in what I shoot and I was in an "ominous" frame of mind so I was glad this came across. :)

The Money Tree comic strip sounds amazing, give me the nod when you upload :)

Linda Scannell said...

Good shot - I love taking photos of this building too. Found your blog after seeing it mentioned in The Big Picture blog.

Traveller28 said...

Thanks Linda!

I had a peek at your blog and the photos are utterly fantastic, the one a day is quite a challenge :)