Friday 15 August 2008

Daily Photo #251

We're off to a funeral service in a couple of hours. I spent a while looking through my stream for something that would capture my mood but would also not be too damn depressing.

_MG_7200

I think this one captures it. The statue against the blue sky is a harsh contrast. Something of the past against something that is timeless and infinite. We're all dashing through life but in the grand scheme of things, our lives are over in the blink of an eye. I'm trying to live mine better. I succeed sometimes and fail on occasion but it's taught me not to take things for granted and I endeavour to find something positive and fantastic in each day.

This afternoon I'll be one of many to say goodbye to Ann. We're there to remember how she enriched people's lives and how she committed her life to nursing alongside being a loving wife to Steve. There will be memories, laughter and tears today.

No comments: