Saturday 29 December 2007

Daily Photo #21

I'm all about hues and gamuts. Even though I am colour blind to red/green, I love working in colour. For five years during the degree and BTEC years I worked solely in black and white and sepia, fearing colour somewhat after a few disasterous stints in a dark room that used colour (I couldn't get my fleshtones spot on, either too red, too pink or just plain zombie) but shooting in digitial (especially RAW format) is a whole new world for me (cue theme to Disney's Aladin). Seriously, unless I get a totally wrong exposure my tones turn out spot on. But what I do love more is abstracting lots of colours and making them the focus of the image instead of something that supports or reinforces it.

IMG_4462

I shot this at the Stourbridge "Cone" where they have an active and working glass blowing workshop, our friend Fleur took us there for the day and I had a lot of fun shooting stuff like this.

I think the days of second guessing my colour work are finally over!

No comments: