Thursday 28 February 2019

Excited!




Ridley Scott's Alien - 4K UHD disc.


Yep, I am one of those who are the on the 4K UHD HDR bandwagon.  

Outside of Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Star Wars movies (aside from SW:  The Last Jedi which already has a 4K UHD disc) this is possibly one of my most eagerly awaited releases.

I remember watching Alien on the telly box (Cathode Ray Tube) back in the day.  All the blacks looked grey, it was in 4:3 image aspect ratio (which meant the image was cropped) but it was still bloody amazing.  I think this, with my 5.1 sound system will be a treat for both the eyes and the ears.

My 4K Blu Ray library is growing at a good rate but this whole dystopian view of physical media is becoming tiresome.  Netflix et al are great but if you like something and want to future proof it, you cannot beat having something on the shelf as streaming movies is nice but it doesn't mean you'll be able to access it forever as some companies can pull those titles at the drop of a hat.

Counting down the days for this release... :)


No comments: