Wednesday 27 February 2019

Mid-week catch up

Secret fact about me - I *adore* the music of Sir Elton John.  Yeah, I know, not down with the kids or  being cool.  His compositions, songs and lyrics just cut to the heart of the matter.  Like Bowie, Lennon and The Stones, they shaped many of us 20th Century kids who listened to the radio during the 70's and 80's

Other fact - I believe that Bohemian Rhapsody was an amazing film (excluding the taint from the controversy of the "original" director" but I am not qualified to comment on that.  All I know and feel is that the film portrayed a massively difficult narrative in a sensitive way, to protect the memories and legacy of Freddy and his lovers).

I'm a massive fan of actor and director Dexter Fletcher - if you ever get the chance, track down the series that was created by Mr Steven Moffat in the 80's.  It's can be purchased here and it is some of the best drama ever made (seriously, it's a kid's show but the themes, OMG!)

Fletcher, has directed this and I will be there on day one - Rocket Man.

But, back to Sir Elton and Taron.  One of my all time favourite songs. Two of the most brilliant and talented people sharing a stage to highlight the work of an amazing charity.


 Enjoy!



No comments: